HANA Solution architect @ASML
ASML produces some of the most technically advanced equipment in the world, producing terabytes of data. This data is vital in analyzing and improving the performance of our products and processes. The volume and complexity requires a solid IT foundation to enable business in processing and analyzing this data into information that will support advancing our products.
The Big Data and Analytics Competence Center (BDA CC) is responsible for providing the right information at the right time at the right quality to the right audience within ASML. SAP HANA is a key cornerstone in the ASML BI and Big Data strategy.
As a Solution Architect, you will act as the primary technical architect for ASML’s Business Intelligence and Big Data projects and as consultant on the SAP HANA architecture, standards and guidelines.
The Solution Architect SAP HANA candidate should possess deep technical expertise in SAP HANA and BW, database design, ETL, reporting and analytics and will have previous consulting experience utilizing a structured delivery methodology.
The Solution Architect SAP HANA is accountable for SAP HANA related activities within the BDA CC and will work closely together with and will support the SAP BW/HANA Domain architect.
The candidate we are looking for will be conducting the following activities:
- Acts as a subject matter expert for related SAP HANA activities (SAP HANA Enterprise platform, SAP BW on HANA and related technologies like SAP SLT, SAP DS, EIM, SDI, SDA…)
- Works proactively with the SAP HANA/BW domain architect and with the SAP HANA/BW developers to ensure accurate delivery of new or changed SAP HANA applications according to guidelines and best practices. You are actively contributing to the further deployment of the SAP HANA-platform including definition and potentially development of new, innovative SAP HANA applications. With regards to SAP HANA you are acting in between business departments , the IT organization and the external consultants and outsourcing partners.
- Assesses, changes and refines requirements for SAP HANA related information needs, thereby continuously striving to increase the effectiveness of SAP HANA solutions and ensuring they are properly aligned with the company’s strategic direction and the BDA strategy.
- Responsible for continuous alignment with the respective ERP systems, the enterprise data warehouse and other reporting departments or applications with regards to SAP HANA
- Partners with Business and IT groups to design and implement data and information solutions that meet or exceed organizational initiatives and are consistent with enterprise architectural standards.
- Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross organization consulting and direct involvement in development efforts.
- Communicate with Business users to understand critical business needs.
- Architect solutions that take the firm from a manual and spreadsheet driven business to a rigorous and automated business
- Recommend, develop, and implement technology plans enabling solutions
- Provide direction to consultants and contract staff as needed
- Define key business drivers for the SAP HANA and Big Data initiative
Context of the position
The Solution architect for HANA is part of the Big Data and Analytics Competence Center. He/she reports to the BDA manager and has internal interfaces with the SAP HANA/BW Domain architect, Business Information Analysts, SAP ECC/BW/BO/HANA developers and members of the Business Intelligence support organization, Business Process Analysts (BPA), business stakeholders and key users.
- Bachelors or master's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or equivalent
10+ years’ experience working in Information Technology of which 7+ years working as an Architect in Information Management, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Understands and has hands-on experience with the SAP HANA platform, its functionality and concepts, including limitations and strengths
- Experience in implementing information requirements in SAP HANA Enterprise and SAP BW
- Preferably knowledge of SAP UI5 and SAP Business Objects
- Common understanding of SAP ECC and Enterprise Data Warehouse conceptsSome experience and affinity with Tibco Spotfire
- Ability to document business information requirements and translate these into system requirements, and to assist in the development of business cases for respective HANA applications and solutions
- Solid understanding of the field of data modeling, data discovery and data profiling/analysis with good understanding of large enterprise data warehouse.
- Business intelligence and technical skills to successfully deliver BI solutions including data profiling knowledge and experience in developing BI roadmap, BI strategy, and data quality assessment.
- Data Loading and Transformations using ETL technologies
- Writing and optimizing SQL-statements
- Translating information requirements into designs of physical and logical data models
- Data Virtualization/Federation
- Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects
- Working in a Global delivery environment
- Data Analytics and Exploration
Experience with the following is considered a pré:
- Hadoop (Big Insights)
- HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Pig
- JBoss Data Virtualization
- Strong client-orientation and commitment to excellence
- Pro-active personality who can deal with resistance
- A demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environment
- Well-developed consultancy skills with a strong go-getter mentality
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Flexibility, adapt to company culture and individual’s behavior
- Excellent analytical skills, number crunching
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain a large trusted network on all levels of the organization
- Fluent in Dutch and English language
- A demonstrated excellent maneuverability within complex matrix organizations
With its roots in the Netherlands, ASML has grown to become an international high-tech organization, with some 20,000 employees of 87 different nationalities all working closely together. We work with each other, with clients, with suppliers, and with knowledge institutes. Our staff includes some of the most creative thinkers in the world today; 44% of them possess a master’s degree, 33% a bachelor’s degree, including over 600 PhD’s. Employees work together in tightly-knit multidisciplinary teams, challenging each other, listening to each other, learning from each other, and exchanging ideas. The feeling of pride is a strong and tangible internal motivation at AMSL. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, how we accomplish these achievements, and of the fact that we are the worldwide market leader in the chip market. This pride, combined with our outstanding employment conditions and terms, lies at the core of our exceptionally low (2%) turnover rate.
The IT sector supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. A sub-department within the IT organization is the IT Competence Center Sales & Operations. This Competence Center is responsible for providing the right IT systems for the core business processes of Operations (Manufacturing, Logistics, Central Planning, Sourcing, Quality & Process Improvements, Customer Service and Facility Management). Customers of this department are internal customers, whose goal is to provide world class systems and services for all major chip makers around the world, and who therefore need the best tools available.