Learn how Data Archiving can reduce migration times and provide significant savings on database storage costs when migrating to S/4HANA with a minimized data footprint.
Appreciate the benefits of an ongoing ILM data strategy to control your data volume growth, as well as the necessity of a structured program to decommission your legacy SAP and non-SAP systems, both to mitigate business risks and reduce the cost and complexity of your digital landscape.
Why should you archive data before migrating to S/4HANA? What are the tangible benefits of an ILM strategy for your business? And how does Legacy System Decommissioning improve business sustainability and ensure data integrity and compliance.
The SAP landscape is changing. S/4HANA and HANA memory will bring unrivalled business benefits for companies, yet it is important to start planning the migration at an early stage to keep data compliant, while reducing the TCO of your SAP HANA landscape.
By archiving data that is no longer in daily use you can significantly reduce the data volume required for the move to SAP S/4HANA:
- Reduce the scope, complexity and total cost of your SAP S/4HANA migration project
- Save on hardware and SAP HANA licensing costs
Introduce ILM as part of your archiving strategy to:
- Ensure your new S/4HANA system performs at its best and reduce your HANA memory costs
- Automate your ILM processes to remain compliant and control data growth
- Set Retention and Residence periods to suit your business data and remain compliant
Learn about the benefits of simplifying your IT landscape by adopting a structured Legacy System Decommissioning strategy:
- Cost reduction – reducing licencing, infrastructure and resource overheads
- Minimise risk – legal regulations and GDPR requirements are frequently not enforced on older systems
- Non-compliance – avoid non-compliance during mergers and acquisitions by securing access to all data and documents
The takeaways from this session:
- The benefits of archiving before the move to S/4HANA
- SAP ILM – the only way to keep data growth under control
- Residence & Retention – best advice for multi-national companies
- The benefits of legacy system decommissioning for SAP and non-SAP systems
- How Archiving, ILM and Decommissioning combine as a critical part of your Data Volume Management and digital transformation strategy
This session will give a good introduction and overview of Data Volume Management and ILM within SAP and focuses on all aspects of data archiving, both in readiness for the move to S/4HANA and for companies who have already migrated to S/4 and need to implement a data archiving strategy.
It will also take the attendees through the journey of archiving, ILM and legacy system decommissioning, and help them prioritise projects to manage their data environment in the future.