Part 1: Impact of the latest VAT legislation, Brexit and COVID-19
- How is COVID-19 affecting tax legislation in 2020?
- What will the new 2021 import and export customs and border procedures look like?
- What steps should companies moving goods between the UK and EU now be taking?
Part 2: Performing a gap analysis of your VAT compliance landscape
- How to identify impacted people, systems and processes?
- What are the key data requirements needed by tax authorities for VAT compliance, including the latest legislations?
- What are the capabilities and current limitations within SAP 4/HANA and ECC6.0?
- How can businesses streamline costs and avoid custom IT development for tax compliance?
Gilbert Mwansa - Director of tax technologqy consulting, Ryan
Gilbert is an experienced SAP consultant with more than 18 years of hands-on configuration experience in SAP; FI, MM and SD modules; and indirect tax configuration. Prior to joining Ryan, he worked on the Tax Technology team at one of the Big 4 accounting firms as an SAP subject matter expert and technical lead on various VAT automation projects for FTSE 100 companies and other international organizations. Now a Director in Ryan's International Tax Technology practice, Gilbert leads a team responsible for the implementation of indirect tax solutions within SAP and other bolt-on tools.
Colin Matthews - Director, Solutions Engineering – EMEA, Avalara
Colin has 11 years of experience in VAT covering compliance, advisory and automation. Colin now leads the solutions engineering team in Avalara’s EMEA office, where he specialises in helping companies standardise and automate indirect tax processes though the implementation of software.